Tag: promise rings
Just came across this website allthingspromiserings.com, which has great info about promise rings. Promise rings are pieces of jewelry whose purpose is to signify a commitment, which can be of anything, be it pre-engagement or friendship or any vow. A ‘promise ring’ is given to another person as a physical token of commitment. This can be in the form of friendship rings, purity rings, and sometimes even as a reminder of a promise made to oneself… but most commonly, they are used as a pre-engagement ring — a promise of a monogamous relationship.
Promise rings have been of great historical significance as well. Victorians were known to make rings and other jewelry that contained the hair of deceased loved ones. These were known as mourning rings, and could be very beautiful, often containing woven and braided strands of an already buried person’s hair. These items are still found in museums and sometimes for sale for collectors. Throughout history, rings were a kind of jewelry associated with high status and used to seal letters, giving an air of power and authority. To know more about promise rings do checkout their website.
You might be interested in:
- Jewelry Review: Useful information on all types of Jewelry at YourJewelryAdvice
- Jewelry Review: Amazing collection of aquamarine engagement rings
- Jewelry Review: A great resource for buying an engagement ring online
- Jewelry Review: Engagement Rings Vancouver
- Finding an Engagement Ring that is Perfect