We would be discussing about metaphysical and healing properties of auamarine, in this second last post of Gemstone Each Month Series (GEMS) – March. With this post also featuring a very beautiful aquamarine necklace by Orchidacea. If you have anything interesting to share on aquamarine, please email it to us at email@example.com, before 30th March, to be included in our last post.
Aquamarine is a hard gemstone (7.5 on the Mohs scale). It has very few inclusions and occurs in big sizes. Its found in wide range of blue color, believed to be due to presence of Iron. Stones with deep blue color are more valuable, but some of them have light greenish shimmer too. Prolonged exposure to light/heat can result in fading of gemstone.
Lots of healing properties have been associated with Aquamarine since ages, here are a few :
- It is belived to provide happiness, courage and forsight
- Its said to raise intellect level of wearer
- In the Middle Ages, it was belived it would lessen the effect of poison
- Aquamarine soaked water was used for treating uneasy breath and eye problems
- Eariler, sailors sometimes wore it to protect them from sea sickness and ensure them a safe journey
So that was about properties of Aquamarine, do wait for our last post to conclude the series for this month.
Image credit:- Orchidacea
You might be interested in:
- Gemstone Each Month Series (GEMS) – Aquamarine for March
- GEMS March – How to care for Aquamarine Jewelry
- GEMS March – Mines and types of Aquamarine
- GEMS January – Metaphysical and healing properties of Garnets
- GEMS April – Types of Diamond