Here comes our first announcement for December month. Considering suggestions by all of you, we have chosen Ruby for Gemstone Each Month Series this month. We had options of choosing a birthstone again too, but we wanted to contribute towards the fight against HIV/AIDS. As december is HIV/AIDS awareness month, and its been symbolized with RED. Chossing ruby for GEMS December made only sense. HOPE you will help us spread the word :-)
Some quick facts about ruby :-
- A ruby is a pink to blood-red gemstone, a variety of the mineral corundum (aluminium oxide).
- The red color is caused mainly by the presence of the element chromium.
- Its name comes from ruber, Latin for red.
- The ruby is considered one of the four precious stones, together with the sapphire, the emerald, and the diamond.
If you love Ruby, have created something beautiful using Ruby, or if you just want to share some info about Ruby. Please leave a comment or email us at :- firstname.lastname@example.org
Obviously if its interesting and we publish it, you will be getting credit for whatever you are sharing :-)
So this was just to start with Ruby – The December GEM.. do wait for more posts on Ruby coming up sooner.
You might be interested in:
- Gemstone Each Month Series (GEMS) – Emerald for May
- A Gemstone Each Month Series (GEMS) – Citrine for November
- GEMS December – Basic information about Ruby
- GEMS February – Mythology & History behind Amethsyt
- GEMS May – History behind Emeralds